Welcome to Picky Eaters LLC! The food buying club where you can afford to be picky - gluten-free, vegetarian, pastured meats, LOCAL made-from-scratch foods and more. . . all brought to ONE location in Americus, GA. NO long car trips to a big city using too much gas & time, not to mention the higher prices. We've got what you need. . .just ask. We're here to help.
The online ordering is now closed. Members & Trial Members will be able to shop the surplus online beginning Monday, April 1.
Next Picky Eaters Market Day is Tuesday, April 15, 2014 from 11:30 am - 5:15 pm.
Grab lunch at Sweet Georgia Baking Co, a drink (coffee, tea or fruit smoothie) from Cafe Campesino and grab your friends for shopping and a little lunch on the picnic tables just outside the warehouse. You'll be glad you did - food, friends & family go great together whether out or at home.
Plan to leave a labeled cooler at Cafe Campesino by end-of-day Monday, April 14th if you are ordering cold items. Thanks!
Not yet a member? Enjoy a free trial membership today!
2014 Market days: 1/7, 1/28, 2/25, 3/25, 4/15**New Date, 5/27**New Date, 6/17, 7/15, 8/12, 9/9, 10/7, 11/11, Dec TBA.
Picky Eaters Buying Club is a cooperative, collaborative online-grocery shopping experience. Through multiple vendors we offer full-scale grocery choices, organic produce, and local meat/produce each month. Picky Eaters members enjoy exclusive discounts & first-choice of fresh foods. See the "Place an Order" menu for food that is available between delivery days.
Why are we Picky Eaters? For me, Kat, I care deeply about where my food comes from, what's in it and what's NOT in it! My autistic son Sean is my inspiration - I can see a difference when I put good things in! Our family also has food allergies and other dietary restrictions so we are PICKY & proud of it!
Here's how it works:
1. Members can shop online for a month with United Natural Foods. You can split a case, take the whole case, buy in bulk, split a bulk item and order single-unit items like vitamins or healthy & beauty products. This site does not have fresh meat or produce but it does have some fresh dairy and lots of frozen items. Each member has a unique user ID so you can see who else is interested in buying your items.
One aspect that makes this kind of shopping unique is that you are not just buying your family's groceries. When you try a split-case item that was not on your shopping list, you are helping another member get what they want. This is a great way to try new foods!
2. Members have the first access to fresh organic or organically-grown produce (non-local), meat & eggs from Koinonia Farm and other perishable items like tofu, dips/spreads, fresh breads and more (from other vendors) when you request it! These items are ordered from this website usually the weekend before delivery. These items are pre-ordered by Kat so there is no case-splitting.
3. Delivery is once-a-month on a Tuesday, 13 times a year, or every 4-weeks.You are able to pick-up your orders between 12noon - 5:30pm at Cafe Campesino. Cash or check is required when you pick-up. There is a $20 fee for all bounced checks followed by a cash payment for your next order.
4. There is an open Facebook group where members post recipes or talk about what's in their baskets to help fill their cases. Check it out here.
5. We call delivery day "Market Day" because there will be surplus items left over from the pre-orders. Come at noon for the best selection. Every Market Day, the goal is to sell out! This is a fun time to socialize with other Picky Eaters. After you shop, grab a cup of coffee and a friend. Bring a sack lunch and stay awhile at the Cafe!
It takes 6-10 people 4 hours to receive & divide the order into pre-ordered boxes. Many hands make light work AND it is fun! Come join us! No special skills required. Older children as helpers are welcomed - we love homeschoolers!
Featuring Local Farms:
- Koinonia Farm, www.koinoniapartners.org
- Willsofarm, William & Lydia Overholt
Other Vendors include:
Finally, a reason to look forward to April 15th - for this year anyway - Picky Eaters Market Day at Cafe Campesino! And, as usual, I have GREAT food choices for you! All the best local, fresh, from-sc
Thanks for ordering your fresh food from the Picky Eaters Buying Club! We have GREAT fresh foods, including some awesome food from down the road at White Oak Pastures! Have fun filling your baskets fr
Hey y'all - we are getting big! In numbers I mean. Thus it is imperative for me that I have my team of elves (especially Lois & Cori & their fabulous children) intact for all full Market Days